Navigation:

Wednesday 9 October 2013

NEW: Board Game Reviews

It's been a while since I've written on my blog, and mostly that's been due to my laptop dying on me; I had unfinished reviews of Virtue's Last Reward (*amazing* game!!) and other games, which are now in limbo. Well, now I'm back, and have a new laptop and lots of new video games to blog about. I'm currently playing Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD on my shiny new limited edition Wii U, and will no doubt write up another Zelda special at some point with a review of that along with Phantom Hourglass and maybe even the new 3DS Zelda out next month. *drool*

In the meantime I've decided to extend the focus of my blog to other games that I enjoy, specifically tabletop games, such as board games, card games and miniatures games. Lately I've been on somewhat of a binge, buying and playing lots of new board games, and thought I would join other bloggers of the internet by writing up a top ten list of my favourites. So following this post should be a sequence, in no particular order, of (in my opinion) the absolute best board games. In the future I'll try to occasionally include board game reviews spread amongst the usual video game reviews and specials.

EDIT: To clarify a bit, the following games will all be board games that I have awarded 9.5/10 to on Board Game Geek, which at the moment is Cosmic Encounter, War of the Ring, Twilight Imperium, King of Tokyo, Eclipse, and Chaos in the Old World. If I have time I will also try and follow this with brief reviews of games that I have voted 9/10, because to be honest the difference between 9.5 and 9 is so slight that I'm going to missing out on a ton of great games that I consider to be some of my favourites, such as Cuba, Lords of Vegas, A Game of Thrones, Power Grid, etc. Also I just want to stress that I'm not going to be writing in-depth reviews of the mechanics of these board games, or even discuss what the rules are most of the time; for that may I suggest you check out 'The Dice Tower' on YouTube. I'm just going to (briefly) explain why I like these games so much and why you should check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment